THIS e-LEARNING COURSE IS NOW "LIVE" AND OPEN FOR REGISTRATIONS
Course Duration: 3.0 hours of combined screen and training manual time
Inclusions: Training manual (46 pages) in PDF format (downloadable upon signing in to the course)
Platform: PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad or any Android phone/tablet
CPD: A downloadable certificate showing CPD hours is automatically available upon completion
to assist with the learning outcomes of this course. Double-click the link above or the image directly below.
In recent years there has been a concerted effort across the states and territories of Australia to "harmonise" the work, health and safety obligations of persons conducting a business or undertaking (PCBUs) as well as those, such as designers, who work or provide services to PCBUs. The purpose of the 3.0 hour online (e-learning) training course is to:
- Provide guidance in the WHS obligations of designers as they relate to the design of buildings, structures, plant and equipment
- Provide key WHS related terms, show where up-to-date WHS related information can be obtained as well as provide instruction as to the current "state-of-play" with regards to the harmonisation of WHS acts, regulations and codes of practice across Australia
- Define and illustrate the seven principles of safety in design
- Provide specific instruction on the systematic risk management process by outlining tools such as: risk registers, HAZID, HAZOP, CHAIR, Fault Tree, Event Tree and risk assessment matrices
- Provide specific instruction on how to convey safety-related design information to PCBUs, their staff and others such as contractors, demolishers, operations staff and maintenance staff as well as the specific inclusions which should be seen in Design Safety Reports and Construction Safety Reports etc
This course consists of seven modules. The format of the modules is a mix of narrated slides, animations, quizzes and video. Each module is designed to be completed in "small chunks" of up to 15 minutes duration. You can stop at any time and our learning management system (hosted by Litmos) will return you to the exact point in the course where you last finished when you login next time around.
Immediate access to this course can be obtained by clicking the "Self Sign-Up" button above. You will be taken to our course listing page (hosted by Litmos) where you can use your credit card or PayPal account to pay the course fee. Upon receipt of payment (which is automatically processed and available within a few minutes) you will be sent an auto-generated email that will contain your login details, login page address and payment receipt.